This role will be responsible for generating revenue through renewals, up-selling and the closing of maintenance contracts for existing Sage customers.
The Retention Team is responsible for selling, supporting and managing maintenance and support for existing Sage customers. We are a highly successful and driven team that takes pride in being recognized as a best-in-class maintenance & support organization. Our team works closely with other key teams to ensure both Sage & customer success. This team is made up of motivated and highly talented members who work across many channels to ensure the success of our customers and maximize revenue for Sage. Responsible for generating revenue through renewals, up-selling and the closing of maintenance contracts for existing Sage customers. Sales are primarily handled via phone and/or online. Conversations are typically open-ended, highly consultative and address the business needs of the customer and how they can expand the benefit from Sage products. Demonstrates basic knowledge of Sage products and maintenance contract offerings.
• Place outbound calls (not on auto-dialer) to existing customers within an assigned region or set of accounts to build relationship, determine needs for renewals, upsell or cross sell opportunities
• Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing clients
• Assess clients' needs, recommend, or assist in the selection of appropriate product or services, and negotiate prices
• Develop proposals, or other materials to illustrate benefits from use of software and services
• Prepare sales quotes and orders and maintain customer records
• Develop and maintain technical product or service knowledge through training to explain features to clients and answer questions about product or services
• Manage customer relationships by reviewing customer account data to ensure accounts are maintained correctly and determine possible recommendations for other products and service
• Work closely with Partner Channel to service customer account relationship to drive customer satisfaction results
• Process customer orders for renewals, upgrades, or maintenance contracts• Serve as partner advocate in assisting customer with any requested need and/or refer them to the appropriate area for resolutions
• Bilingual in English and French required.
• Minimum 2 years of B2B sales experience or equivalent experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or Marketing preferred
• Experience working in Sales and/or outbound call centre selling environment preferably in the software industry
• Ability to work and excel in an extremely fast paced and dynamic environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent negotiations and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Proficiency in MS Office and various prospecting tools
• Knowledge of CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) is a plus
Why Sage Software Canada?
Do you love where you work? WE do! Our Richmond, BC campus is only 16 km away from downtown Vancouver surrounded with breathtaking landscapes. Our Toronto campus is located at the heart of the South Core Financial District with spectacular views of Lake Ontario and only steps away from the Scotiabank Arena and CN tower. At Sage you will work alongside collaborative colleagues, passionate about innovation and making an impact on the world of business.
We care about our colleagues, and we show it! Our comprehensive total rewards program which includes a competitive salary, extended health, dental, vision coverage, sales commissions / performance bonuses, on-going training and career opportunities, 21 days paid time off (PTO) to start, paid 5 days to volunteer, RRSP matching contributions, fitness allowance, tuition fee allowance, and so much more!
You will be encouraged to bring your true self to work every day. We understand that our differences are what makes us stronger together. Sage Software Canada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with an ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. Providing a positive and accessible candidate experience throughout the hiring process is not just our goal, but our promise. Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.