the Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for the preparation of standard and ad hoc financial reports in the completion of the Company’s shareholder...
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, the Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for the preparation of standard and ad hoc financial reports in the completion of the Company’s shareholder, regulatory bodies, and management reporting requirements. The incumbent is also responsible for supporting the operations group in the achievement of its management reporting and internal control activities.
The incumbent ensures that all financial reports are prepared in accordance with IFRS and regulatory requirements. The reports are prepared using policies, procedures and processes that are compatible with those of the IA Group.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Participates in the preparation and analysis of the following:
- Financial statements (monthly, quarterly, annual) in accordance with IFRS and regulatory guidelines
- Financial analysis – preparation and analysis of financial information for management on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Management reports – preparation of reports for management and Board of Directors
- Recommend and establish new financial control procedures, in-line with current accounting standards
- Liaise with external auditors and provide them with all necessary documentation and explanations
Line of Business Group Support
- Perform financial analysis and prepare financial reports on a regular and ad hoc basis as a key financial reporting liaison to the Line of Business, dealing with:
- Support in the preparation and maintenance of general ledger account reconciliations and internal control infrastructure
- Complete financial analysis of existing and new product offerings
- Actively participate on behalf of Accounting and Finance on key projects, in particular:
- Accounting Model/Analyze contracts
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of financial information, the quality of presentation, respect of accounting standards and regulations
- 52-109 compliance testing and review
University degree in business administration or equivalent
A professional accounting designation
- 2-3 years of post qualification experience, with a minimum of 4 years related
- A solid understanding of IFRS
- Ability to analyze contracts and the applicable financial reporting standards
- Experience working in a complex financial institution environment preferred
- Working knowledge liaising with external auditors and overseeing the audit process
- Solid understanding of financial accounting and reporting under IFRS
- Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills to enable incumbent to gather, interpret and analyze information and communicate the results of the analysis to internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to prepare and report accurate information within the constraints of tight reporting deadlines, and to manage the components of the position’s job functions so that accurate information is delivered on time, and to respond quickly to special requests for information
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, market-driven environment, juggling multiple initiatives, and re-establishing priorities on a continuous basis
- Self-starter who is resourceful and takes initiative
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
- Strong inter-personal skills and teamwork
- Strong written, oral communication skills; technical writing and business writing skills
- Excellence in problem solving
- Demonstrated sound analytical skill
- Highly organized
- Financial system software skills, especially MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access
- Experience working with Oracle is a definite asset
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.