This is a highly customer focused and visible role requiring excellent second line desktop and application support skills.
This is a permanent, full-time position reporting to the IT Service Support Team Leader. This is a highly customer focused and visible role requiring excellent second line desktop and application support skills.
The role will involve but is not limited to the following:
- Managing, owning and being responsible for all IT level 1 and 2 support issues
- Acting as a point of contact for all IT queries (including but not limited to PC hardware, printer, software license and application queries) from assigned customers in person, email or by telephone, and responding to queries in a prompt, professional and efficient manner
- Logging and updating all queries within the ticket logging system, in line with set procedures
- Referring calls that cannot be resolved to appropriate members of the level 3 support teams, ensuring sufficient and relevant troubleshooting notes are detailed in all tickets
-Work closely with the Level 1 Team Leader to improve of the escalation of tickets within teams,mensuring required data is captured and necessary troubleshooting has been undertaken
- Act as a point of escalation for service complaints, ensuring customers concerns are addressed and reported to senior management where required
- Act as a ‘Major Incident Manager’ when there is a severe impact/outage to the customers.
Responsible for arranging bridges (technical meetings) and communicating to IT/customers
- Escalating common themes/trends to the Problem Manager with recommendations.
- Being proactive in identifying IT coaching and training needs and working with assigned customers and the IT Training Team to address needs accordingly
- Proactively identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Acting as a ‘buddy’ to assigned L1 technicians, transferring knowledge and experience
- Engaging in formal and informal knowledge transfer, ensuring that knowledge base articles are created, available to the team and kept up to date
Local site/support Management
- Providing backfill and extended support to/for desk side and AV technicians
- Supporting internal visitors to the local office from other Norton Rose Fulbright offices
- Where a Team Leader is not present, act as a senior point of contact/escalating
Skills and experience required :
Experience of working as either level 1 or 2 in a busy professional services environment,supporting 1200+ customers
Experience of working within a call centre environment, using a ticket management system
Significant experience working with high profile, VIP customers, in a demanding and time critical environment
Ability to troubleshoot and understand the customers’ requirements, to be able to deliver the right solution to meet their ‘needs’ rather than their ‘wants’
Process driven, with the ability to focus on the end result/be a completer, finisher
Ability to handle confidential information and use good judgment
Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
Excellent written and communication skills
Bilingual (spoken and written French and English) - desirable
ITIL certification - desirable
Microsoft certification - desirable