Under the responsibility of the SLM/LM, the Logistics Supervisor is responsible for supervising, coordinating and overseeing the logistics operations and providing coaching, development and training to the staff members.
Under the responsibility of the SLM/LM, the Logistics Supervisor is responsible for supervising, coordinating and overseeing the logistics operations and providing coaching, development and training to the staff members. S/He must be able to provide recommendations for improvements to the facility, equipment, machinery, and processes. S/He is accountable that the staff is performing to standard and has to ensure that progress is made to achieve the business objectives.
- Post secondary education in business, logistics, transportation or a related field; A combination of other education and experiences will be considered.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a supervisory position in a warehouse environment or in the transportation field
- Experience in:- Monitoring, evaluating and rewarding employee performance
- Performance management, taking into account progressive discipline
- Preparing and conducting meetings (H&S and Employee Committee)
- Investigating and reporting workplace accidents and incidents
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written; Bilingual skills - both oral and written (Quebec)
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word required)
- Good knowledge of transportation and/or warehouse logistics operations
- Good knowledge of safety and security requirements
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Strong leadership and motivating skills; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills within a diverse team environment
- High degree of initiative
Supervise, coordinate and oversee day to day logistics operations
Establish work schedules and procedures and coordinate workers' activities to ensure optimal shift/team logistics
Plan, review and supervise, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager, all logistics processes, ensuring that they meet the company standards and customer service specifications
Be accountable for site Key
Performance Indication (KPI);
Working in collaboration with customer in all aspect of operation;
Ensure optimal utilization of equipment and resources;
Identify any productivity improvement opportunities through product layout and process change;
Understand Lean Guiding Principles: engaging the workforce, eliminating waste and driving Continuous Improvement/Costs Reduction.
Make recommendation on staffing requirements
Meet regularly with team members collectively, as well as on an individual basis to monitor progress towards meeting objectives, track performance, coach and counsel as well as recognizing team and individual successes
Cultivate team spirit with a Diversity and Inclusion initiative and promote cooperation by seeking opportunities to improve internal processes
Carry out team member performance evaluations and recommend performance awards and/or merit increases when appropriate; Address performance problems through corrective action and disciplinary process
Understand labour agreement and maintain positive labour relations with all employees
Be responsible for implementation of health & safety and security initiatives, practices and behaviors and adherence to company rules and policies
Provide appropriate orientation for employees and Lead Hands and give them the information, technology and any material necessary to perform their jobs
Approve vacations and overtime of staff members; Establish work schedules for designated shifts/Team