The National Account Executive identifies opportunities for Sameday Worldwide in the assigned region, representing the business to all levels of decision makers.
The Day & Ross Transportation Group is currently seeking a full-time National Account Executive for our Sameday Worldwide division in Vancouver, BC. The National Account Executive identifies opportunities for Sameday Worldwide in the assigned region, representing the business to all levels of decision makers. The objective is to achieve or exceed revenue targets and to enable maximum revenue growth. You will use solution selling tactics to represent Sameday’s full scope of services to both new and existing customers. To be successful in this role, you will effectively complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
- Targets new business opportunities with the ultimate objective of acquiring profitable new business in both LTL and small package markets.
- Will be responsible for the maintenance and/or revenue growth for all Day & Ross SDWW accounts in the assigned territory with focus on growth and business plan achievement.
- Implements and maintains call cycle to ensure customer satisfaction, execution of account development strategies, prospecting/closing new business, goal attainment, and minimizes customer churn. This call cycle includes face-to-face meetings (primary focus), phone calls, and emails and will require travel throughout Nova Scotia.
- Develops and maintains all aspects of the customer relationship up to and including: appropriate level of customer relationship management (optimal meeting frequency), rate proposals and negotiations, customer complaints, and any other customer issues with ownership/oversight and coordination of final resolutions.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in Day & Ross shares, revenues and margin.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue and margin targets.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
- Must have transportation experience
- Post-secondary education in a Business Administration program
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales, preferably B2B sales.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and CRM software, preferably Salesforce.com and experience creating and delivering presentations.
- Bilingual – French/English preferred.
- LTL Transportation sales experience with a current LTL carrier is preferred.