The French-language School Board of British Columbia (CSF) is looking for a dynamic and versatile person to fill an office clerk position
The Conseil scolaire francophone de la Colombie-Britannique (CSF) is looking for a dynamic and versatile person to fill an office clerk position.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other documents using various office equipment;
- Perform various general office duties in accordance with established methods;
- Enter correspondence, reports, invoices, forms, presentations and other documents on the computer from handwritten notes;
- Performs administrative support tasks using software related to bookkeeping, financial records, petty cash transactions and bank deposits, under the supervision of the Secretary;
- Photocopy and staple documents for distribution, mailing and filing;
- Send and receive messages and documents by fax or e-mail;
- Maintain and prepare reports from concrete or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases;
- Sort, verify and process application forms, receipts, expenses and other similar documents as required;
- Maintain office machines and, where major repairs are required, arrange for them to be performed;
- Maintain good relations with the public and the work team;
- Answer the phone in the absence of the receptionist;
- Any related task.
- Have a high school diploma, including secretarial courses, and have six (6) months to one (1) year of experience in a similar position or equivalent;
- Knowledge in accounting;
- Ability to work on a daily basis while ensuring confidentiality;
- Have interpersonal skills and diplomacy;
- Ability to work confidentially and under pressure;
- Knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro, Database, etc.);
- Fluency in French and English, oral and written.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by attaching their cover letter in French, a copy of their curriculum vitae in French and at least 3 professional references, all in one document.
The CSF reserves the right to verify the level of knowledge of candidates using tests.
Internal candidates (Local 4227) have priority for this posting according to the collective agreement.
Only applications submitted via the website will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Note that we will only communicate with interviewees.