The Programs Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of Innovate BC funded programs and initiatives.
Innovate BC is a one stop service centre to connect BC innovators - large and small - with government funding, tools, resources and support. Every day, staff at Innovate BC come to work to serve and celebrate innovation in British Columbia, helping our industries grow, while ensuring the benefits of our thriving technology sector are felt by people in all regions of our
province. Innovate BC is a Crown Agency of the Province of B.C.
The Programs Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of Innovate BC funded programs and initiatives, offered directly
through Innovate BC and in partnership with external delivery partners. Key responsibilities can include managing
communications with program applicants and stakeholders, program contracts and budgets, application intakes and review panels, tracking of deliverable compliance and outcomes, and organizing program evaluations and reports. Other responsibilities can include participating in the design and on-going development of Innovate BC programs and events. The
Programs Manager will report to the Director of Programs and will work with other Innovate BC departments in managing their portfolio of programs.
• Participate in and manage the design, development, and implementation of programs and initiatives
• Build effective relationships with program partners, to ensure successful execution of programs
• Engage in consultations with stakeholders to support their operations, and the evolution/advancement of programs
• Manage the procurement, development and maintenance of operational systems required to support the effective
management of programs
• Facilitate and promote communications between industry, government, and other partners to drive outreach and
further program outcomes
• Engage with Innovate BC's stakeholders and potential partners to provide information and education about Innovate
BC and the BC technology ecosystem
• Foster long-term relationships with parties and engage in collaborations to identify, develop and execute potential program opportunities that are aligned with Innovate BC's mandate
• Oversee the administration and support of relevant programs databases
• Represent Innovate BC at conferences and events, including presentations to key audiences
• Negotiation of contract terms with partnering organizations
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Post-secondary degree in science, communication, business OR related discipline and program administration
experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of three years' experience as a Program Manager or closely related position
• Experience managing funding competitions and program funding contracts is an asset
• Experience managing budgets, reviewing financial documents, and working with numbers is important
• Knowledge of the skills required for entrepreneurship and the commercialization of technology is an asset
• A familiarity or strong interest in BC's technology and innovation ecosystem is crucial
• Advanced planning, organizational, analytical and administrative skills and sound communication, facilitation, interpersonal, supervisory and leadership skills
• Ability to direct and manage multiple activities while maintaining attention to detail and make appropriate decisions regarding the progress of programs and disbursement of funds
• Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers, clients, funding providers, volunteers, external officials and the public
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office software, notably excel, and CRM and program management software
• Ability to work under pressure and remain focused while managing several projects at once.