As a project assistant, you will be recording traffic by setting up cameras on raisable platform using SLR cameras and monitoring the recordings.
Globalme is a language and technology company; featured for the second year in a row in Business in Vancouver’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies in BC. We offer localization services for websites, mobile apps, and software, and provide a full set of services around the development of wearable technologies. In particular, speech data collection, functional testing, usability testing, user trials, semantic analysis and more, in North America and around the world.
Currently, we are looking for Project Assistant - Camera Tech to assist with a data collection project around Vancouver. This job will be done outside so you must be fine with spending 8 hours per day in any weather condition.
As a project assistant, you will be recording traffic by setting up cameras on raisable platform using SLR cameras and monitoring the recordings. You will stay on the ground while the cameras are raised up. You need to be handy.
The project is starting ASAP and expected to complete in the end of November. Candidates must be available until the completion of the project. There is a possibility to work on weekends.
- Be able to operate and troubleshoot GoPro cameras and security cameras.
- Be able to use a laptop.
- Good common sense (especially in regards to safety of setting up the platform.)
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Bachelor's degree (students welcome to apply).
- Experience with Action Cameras or Surveillance cameras preferred.
An ideal candidate is also:
- Focused on quality -- you pay attention to details and can't stand sloppy work.
- Have a basic understanding of photography and the exposure triangle.
- Computer savvy -- you consider yourself as a technical person and get excited about new technologies, applications etc.
- People person -- through effective communication and the right personality type you will be able to get the best out of the people on your team.
- Achiever -- you don't settle for less and you can prove it.
- Hard worker -- and you can prove it by your previous experiences.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English -- you need to feel comfortable in presenting your ideas.
- Driven -- you're not someone who needs to be micromanaged and you don't wait around for problems or quality concerns to hit others' radars before brainstorming a fix.
- Problem solver -- you figure out problems that rarely have textbook solutions. "Let me figure this out" is a sentence you use often.
- Open to receiving feedback -- you focus on solutions and improvements rather than finding excuses why something doesn't work.
- Positive -- you have a "nothing is impossible attitude". You believe that everything can be done.
- Self-starter -- you see a clear link between your actions and their outcomes. You don't sit around and wait for others to tell you what to do.
- Student of life -- you work continuously on being better in whatever you do and are interested in improving your skills. You can find online resources to learn things you don't know.
- Clever and fast -- you understand things quickly and are not confused about simple things.
- Resourceful -- you have a head with plenty of good ideas.