The Proposal Engineer provides technical input to the estimating process and assists the team in selecting suitable equipment.
- Provide Sales Engineering support to the Sales team and maintain a working knowledge of all active projects.
- Train Sales team
- Present products and systems to customers at various seminars held throughout the year.
- Timely preparation of budgetary proposals
- Review project specifications to determine project scope and equipment compliance.
- Generate budgetary proposals, process designs, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), General Arrangements (GAs) and final bid proposals.
- Review and verify project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
- Adhere to all internal procedures related to bid preparation, proposal tracking, order hand-over packages, and internal sales forecasting tools.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of project change orders.
- Present company products to customers by providing technical expertise through the different phases of the sales process.
- Assist in development of product strategies at assigned accounts in conjunction with the Project Solutions Group.
- Initiate the transmittal of product technical literature or other information as a result of customer requests.
Minimum of 3 years practical experience.
Demonstrated involvement in design & product development.
Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or an appropriate related Engineering discipline.
Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Experience with ERP systems.
Valid BC Driver’s License.
Valid Passport for travel.
Exceptional organizational skills.
Must possess the ability to deal effectively with customers and have exceptional customer service skills.
Conviction to support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole.
High level of personal integrity.
Effective time management skills.
Support the Team Approach to problems.
Apply via email by sending an adequate resume (MS Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make mention of the exact job title in the subject line. Please send your resume, according to Canadian law, without any personal information except of contact details and name. We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.