Great Explorations is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Travel Advisor in its Vancouver offices.
Great Explorations specializes in active travel to more than 12 countries in North America, Europe and around the world. Our event management subsidiary creates, produces and manages cycling events that raise awareness and funding for recreational and environmental causes.
Great Explorations provides exceptional travel experiences based on:
- Expert knowledge of the countries in which we travel,
- One-of-a-kind hotel finds that represent the best in their class,
- Our ability to arrange interactions that our travelers couldn't easily on their own, and
- Exceptional service, from the first conversation our Travel Advisors have with prospective guests, until our clients return home from their trip.
Our success is based on building long-lasting one-to-one relationships with our clients, and our Travel Advisors are key in achieving this goal.
The role of the Travel Advisor includes the following responsibilities:
-to respond to client enquiries and provide knowledgeable information about our trips and travel in the counties in which we operate,
-to provide intelligent, creative and practical recommendations and to match clients with the trip best suited to them,
-to manage all reservation transactions including availability confirmation, billing and supporting correspondence, documentation fulfillment,
-to offer savvy advice on travel arrangements around Europe and from North America,
-to follow-up on all sales leads, and to initiate sales opportunities,
-to complete post-vacation follow-up with guests to extend Great Explorations relationships with its customers,
-to work closely with travel agent partners to assist them with their clients.
Candidates must have the following qualifications (*some of these are due to the program under which we are hiring):
- Between the ages of 18-30
- University or college degree from a Canadian College/University
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Bilingual English & French*Living in Vancouver
- Cannot be receiving employment insurance
- Excellent people skills and a clear, comfortable telephone manner
- Polite, personal, enthusiastic and effective,
- Sales experience, though travel industry experience is not essential
- Travel experience, especially in Europe
- A passion for outstanding customer service,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications. Familiarity with contact management software is preferred (Maximizer, Salesforce or similar),
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Spanish, and / or Italian language & writing skills would be an asset
Great Explorations is a small team, which requires all staff to wear many hats. We expect people to come to work with a great attitude and a desire to grow the company.
Benefits include opportunities to travel in Europe as well as an industry-competitive salary and bonuses. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Offices are located in Vancouver near Granville & 6th with mountain views.
Starting date: asap
Interested candidates should send their resume to the attention of Robbin McKinney by email.